What we do
LWARB brings together London’s waste stakeholders and a range of partners to transform the management of waste in the capital. Our objectives, are:
- the production of less waste;
- an increase in the proportion of waste that is re-used or recycled; and
- the use of methods of collection, treatment and disposal of waste that are more beneficial to the environment in London.
We achieve this through the delivery of three main programme areas:
- Resource London: a programme of support for London waste authorities jointly funded by LWARB and WRAP;
- An infrastructure investment programme: with an aim to help deliver the infrastructure that is needed to treat London’s waste by providing funding in conjunction with the private sector. Funds are partly allocated to the London Green Fund (LGF); and
- Circular economy project: a three year programme aimed at accelerating London’s transition to a more circular economy through collaboration with the public and private sector and international partners.
The returns on the infrastructure investment fund enable LWARB to continue to invest in London in the long term, both in infrastructure, local authority support and other programmes.