LWARB invests in businesses developing innovative technologies or services in London which meet the Mayor of London’s environmental and waste strategies, and support the transition towards London becoming a circular city. These are likely to include the following business models:
- Those using renewable inputs – shifting to use of renewable energy or secondary materials in the input process;
- Those that recover value at the end of product life through biological or technical recycling;
- Those that prolong product life through smart design, use of data analytics, remanufacture and maintenance;
- Those operating in the sharing economy i.e. sharing assets such as cars, rooms, machinery;
- Those selling products as services – selling access to products whilst retaining ownership, or dematerialising products (e.g. books or on-line shopping).
A description of our funding criteria and application process is available at Apply for Funding