Date: 31 March 2017 Time: 11.00am Venue: Resource London, 169 Union Street, London SE1 0LL The agenda and papers for this meeting are attached below. Agenda Partnership Board 5_ General…
Resource London Partnership Board
Resource London is the jointly funded partnership programme created by LWARB and WRAP. It is a support programme for London waste authorities, helping them to achieve recycling targets set by the Mayor of London and national government. It will maximise the resources of both organisations for the benefit of London.
The objective of the Programme is that by 2020, London will have more consistent and more efficient waste and recycling services that:
- achieve the Mayor of London’s target that London recycles 50% of local authority collected waste by 2020;
- make an effective contribution to the Mayor of London’s CO2 emissions performance standard, and
- are able to make a significant contribution towards England achieving its 50% household waste recycling target in 2020.
To achieve this, a range of support will be deployed across four focus areas:
- minimising the amount of waste produced and maximising re-use;
- increasing and improving the capture of unavoidable food waste;
- improving the yield of dry recycling from flats
- increasing the quality of dry recycling to maximise income and service performance.
This support will be delivered through four work streams:
Provision of support to a single or multiple waste authorities with support to to develop and manage their service to drive efficiency whilst maximising recycling performance.
Income generating services
Provision of support to improve and develop services which can generate income for waste authorities. This includes generating best value from material sales contracts and developing income generating services, such as commercial waste, within receptive waste authorities.
Delivering borough level and London wide communications support under the Recycle for London campaign and London tailored Love Food Hate Waste and Love Your Clothes campaigns.
Innovation and development
Developing expertise within waste authorities to reduce identified skills gaps and enable progressive solutions to be implemented through research and best practise.
The partnership will maximise the resources of both organisations for the benefit of London. The partnership’s operating budget for the first year is £2.25m (£1.5m from LWARB and £0.75m from WRAP).
The Resource London Partnership Board is formally constituted as an LWARB committee and comprises:
- Cllr Clyde Loakes (Chair)
- Cllr Feryal Demirci – LWARB
- Peter Maddox – WRAP
- Niall Bolger – CELC/London Borough of Sutton
- Carolyn Dwyer – LEDNET/London Borough of Lambeth