Note: the deadline for the Senior Business Advisor role has been extended to 9:00am on 29th January 2018.
Project Coordinator: Grade 5: £34,056-£37,685
Senior Business Advisor – Circular Economy: Grade 8: £51,786 – £57,160
Fixed term contracts up to two years
About Advance London
We exist to catalyse the significant opportunities for London based SMEs within the circular economy. The Advance London programme draws on the diverse skills of its advisory team to highlight and explore unique opportunities with businesses that would allow them to thrive now and in the future. Our goal is to put London SMEs at the forefront of circular economy transformation, by demonstrating tangible economic benefits and true resource resilience.
Advance London is a three-year programme jointly funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the London Waste and Recycling Board (LWARB). The team running the programme is a highly energised, commercially-focused team that develops and implements practical and scalable tools and bespoke advisory solutions for SMEs in London. We expect to work with more than 100 exciting businesses that work towards maximising resource utilisation in field such as food, textiles, built environment, plastic and electronics.
Further details on Advance London can be found here.
We currently seeking a Project Coordinator and a Senior SME Business Advisor.
ERDF Project Coordinator
Grade 5, £34,056-£37,685, Fixed term contract up to two years
Who you are
You are an experienced project coordinator with great organisational skills. You are looking to contribute and develop your expertise towards a mission you believe in. You are eager to learn, you are proactive, an independent worker, and enjoy organising systems and managing processes, whilst supporting a team of enthusiastic and driven senior level advisors. You are detail oriented and are excited by the prospect of helping a new advisory team to grow to the next level.
Your job will consist of providing efficient and effective support to the advisory team in the delivery of business support, especially with regards to:
- planning, organising and coordinating programme activities
- quarterly financial and outputs reporting
- liaising with various internal and external stakeholders
- supporting in various administrative tasks
- events and communication activities
- ensuring that all programme activities are compliant with ERDF guidelines
Full details of the job description and person specification are here: JD LWARB CEBSP ERDF – Project Coordinator
Senior Business Advisor – Circular Economy
Grade 8, £51,786 – £57,160 Fixed term contract up to two years
Who you are
You are an experienced consultant with a strong drive to implement innovative ideas and ideally will have worked with SMEs before. You are looking to contribute and develop your expertise towards a mission that you believe in. You are eager to think creatively, you are proactive, an independent worker and team player and you enjoy advising businesses from a wide range of sectors on sustainability and circular economy topics. You are detail oriented, able to convert theoretical concepts and frameworks to practical advice and tools that would resonate with the circumstances and challenges of a small business. You enjoy designing and delivering workshops for introducing circular economy concepts to SMEs. You are also excited about fostering collaboration opportunities across different supply chains. You are also comfortable with building upon relationships with existing partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying opportunities for new businesses and partners to scale up and expand the outreach of the programme.
The core role is focused on providing efficient and effective business support to the SMEs considering adopting or scaling up circular business models, and will include:
- identifying and engaging with new SMEs in London
- assessing the business needs of each SME enrolled, and designing and delivering bespoke advisory support plans to address those needs and enable them to transition to or grow a circular business model
- managing an increasing portfolio of business accounts
- designing advisory tools and knowledge sharing materials
- leading specific business development and marketing activities, such as presenting at sector events, establishing business partnerships or attending networking events
- liaising with other LWARB circular economy programmes and ensuring that cross- collaboration is achieved
- designing and delivering circular economy related workshops
- Ensuring that advice and support provided is compliant with programme and ERDF guidelines
Details of the job description and person specification are here: JD LWARB CEBSP ERDF – Senior Business Advisor – Circular Economy
How to apply
To apply for either position please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate and how your skills and experience match the essential criteria listed in the job description.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title included in in the email subject line. Applications must be received by 9.00am on Monday 8th January 2018.
We intend to hold interviews for both positions early in January 2018.
If you would like an informal discussion on either of these roles, please contact Ms.Natalia Agathou on 020 7960 3652.
The positions are partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).