Grade 6: £42,302- £46,723 (appointment will be made at the first point of this grade)
Fixed term, 9 month contract to 31st Dec 2019 (with likelihood of extension for an additional 3 years, subject to confirmation of funding).
Who you are
You are a developing consultant with a strong drive to implement innovative ideas and ideally will have worked with small/medium sized enterprises (SMEs) before. You are looking to contribute and develop your expertise towards a mission that you believe in. You are a proactive independent worker and team player with the ability to advise businesses from a wide range of sectors on sustainability and circular economy topics. You are detail oriented and able to think creatively in identifying challenges and potential solutions that would resonate with the circumstances and challenges of a small business. Working with a spreadsheet gives you joy and you feel comfortable in using excel for quantitatively modelling impact. You are excited about fostering collaboration opportunities across different supply chains. You are comfortable with building upon relationships with existing partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying opportunities for new businesses and partners to scale up and expand the outreach of the programme.
The core role is focused on providing thorough technical environmental sustainability advice to a wide range of SMEs, operating in different sectors who are considering adopting or scaling up circular business models, and will include:
- identifying and engaging with new London-based SMEs
- assessing the business needs of enrolled SMEs and identifying potential for impactful support from Advance London in collaboration
- providing high-quality technical advice to SMEs (e.g. market research, carbon foot-printing, life cycle assessments) including the production of support summaries for allocated SMEs
- designing and developing advisory toolkits (e.g. scorecard of environmental certifications, impact calculators, training tools) and knowledge sharing materials
- taking ownership of the plastics sector strategy and driving development of the programme in this sector, including networking with key relevant stakeholders
- supporting in business development by attending/presenting at relevant events
- compiling technical fact-sheets on various topics that relate to the wider SME audience (i.e. on circular packaging options)
The job description may be seen here.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9.00am on Monday 8th April.
If you would like more information on the role or the team, do not hesitate to contact Ms Natalia Agathou firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3963 0675.
London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.