Business Engagement Officer – Advance London
Grade 5: £34,737 – £38,439, fixed term contract up to 16 months
Who you are
You are a developing consultant with a strong drive to implement innovative ideas and ideally will have worked with small/medium sized enterprises (SMEs) before. You are looking to contribute and develop your expertise towards a mission that you believe in. You are a proactive independent worker and team player with the ability to advise businesses from a wide range of sectors on sustainability and circular economy topics. You are detail oriented and able to think creatively in identifying challenges and potential solutions that would resonate with the circumstances and challenges of a small business and are excited about fostering collaboration opportunities across different supply chains. You are comfortable with building upon relationships with existing partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying opportunities for new businesses and partners to scale up and expand the outreach of the programme.
The core role is focused on providing efficient and effective business support as the primary contact for new SMEs to the Advance London programme who are considering adopting or scaling up circular business models, and will include:
- Identifying and engaging with new London-based SMEs
- Assessing the business needs of each SME enrolled and identifying potential for impactful support from Advance London
- Providing basic level support and signposting opportunities for SMEs
- Managing an increasing portfolio of business accounts
- Taking ownership of the textile related strategy and driving development of the programme in this sector
- Supporting the Business Advisors in delivering bespoke elements of support as needed
- Supporting the Business Advisors in the development and delivery of circular economy related workshops
- Supporting in the design of advisory tools and knowledge sharing materials
- Supporting in business development by attending/presenting at relevant events
The full job description can be found here: Business Engagement Officer – Advance London
How To Apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate and how your skills and experience match the essential criteria listed in the job description.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com with the job title included in in the email subject line. Applications must be received by 9.00am on Monday 10th September 2018.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact Sarah Beaton on 020 7960 3650.
London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
The position is partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).