Investment Committee Members (x2)
Remuneration: £2,000 per annum
Time Commitment: Anticipated 6 days per year
LWARB brings together London’s waste stakeholders and a range of partners to transform the management of waste in the capital. Our statutory objectives are to promote and encourage so far as relating to Greater London:
- the production of less waste;
- an increase in the proportion of waste that is re-used or recycled; and
- the use of methods of collection, treatment and disposal of waste that are more beneficial to the environment.
One of LWARB’s key strategic priorities to deliver these objectives is by using our capital to implement an investment programme, alongside private sector partners, to catalyse development of circular economy business models. LWARB operates a commercial returns model and is prioritising investment through fund intermediaries in order to maximise impact and manage risk/ return.
LWARB’s investment programme is overseen by an Investment Committee comprising of three LWARB Board members and three External Members. The Investment Committee’s main roles are to monitor LWARB’s current investments and to evaluate new investment proposals and make recommendations to the Board for investment decisions.
LWARB is seeking two professionals with experience and knowledge of startup and venture capital investment in particular, to fill two External Member vacancies on the Investment Committee.
Further information about LWARB’s investment programme and the Investment Committee may be seen in the following:
- LWARB Business Plan
- LWARB Circular Economy Routemap
- Investment Committee Terms of Reference
- LWARB – Investment Committee Appointee Responsibilities
Please note that the following groups of people are not eligible for these roles:
- Elected members of the London Assembly, the London Borough Councils or the Common Council
- Officers of a London Borough Council or the Common Council
- Officers of the Greater London Authority
- Officers of London Councils
- Officers of LWARB
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and how you meet the person criteria listed in the role description to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9am, Monday 9th October 2017.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact email@example.com, 0207 960 3668.