We’re looking for a Senior Business Advisor – Circular Economy and a Business Engagement Lead
Who we are
Advance London is part of the London Waste and Recycling Board (LWARB). Advance London’s mission is to “make the circular economy everyone’s business”. Since it was created in 2017, Advance London has supported more than 170 small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and the wider team has supported several corporates to redesign the way they do business, validate their circularity potential or amplify their circularity impact. Our ambition is to help businesses in London to launch new circular products or services, to scale up and to create employment opportunities. We believe that circularity can lead to increased competitiveness and improved business resilience, making a contribution to the Mayor’s ambition for London to become to become a leading global low carbon circular city.
These roles will help deliver the a circular business support programme, co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the London Waste and Recycling Board. You can learn more about us and the programme here: https://www.advancelondon.org/.
Senior Business Advisor – Circular Economy
Grade 8; £53,878 – £59,469
Who you are
You are an experienced consultant with a strong drive to implement innovative ideas. Ideally you will have worked with a range of businesses from small and medium to corporates to provide high-value advice. You want to use your expertise to deliver a mission that you believe in and continue to learn about how to increase your impact on the issues you care about. You are eager to think creatively. You are proactive, an independent worker as well as a team player and you enjoy advising businesses from a wide range of sectors on sustainability and circular economy topics. You are detail oriented, able to convert theoretical concepts and frameworks into practical advice and tools for businesses. You enjoy designing and delivering workshops for introducing circular economy concepts to businesses. You are also excited about fostering collaboration opportunities across supply chains. You are great at building upon relationships with existing partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying new opportunities expand the reach of our programme. You will bring a rich network of connections in industries that are relevant to our work and you will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of advisory experience in the field of sustainability and/or circular economy.
The core role is focused on providing thorough business and circular economy advice to a wide range of businesses (predominantly small and medium sized enterprises), operating in different sectors (i.e. food, textiles, plastics, built environment and electronics/electricals) which are considering adopting or scaling up circular business models. The role will include:
- identifying and engaging with businesses across London
- assessing the knowledge and growth needs of business interested in LWARB’s advisory services
- designing bespoke advisory support plans or commercial proposals to address those needs
- delivering high-quality advice that will enable businesses to transition to or scale their circular business models
- managing an increasing portfolio of business accounts
- designing advisory tools and knowledge products
- leading specific business development and marketing activities, such as presenting at sector events, establishing business partnerships or attending networking events
- taking ownership of a sector sector/portfolio, designing a respective strategy and driving delivery of business activities in this sector
- liaising with other LWARB circular economy initiatives and ensuring that cross- collaboration is achieved
- designing and delivering circular economy related workshops
- ensuring that advice and support provided is compliant with programme and ERDF guidelines
- using your network to reinforce our activities and develop valuable new relationships to promote circular economy principles
Advance London Business Engagement Lead
Grade 5; £35,432 – £39,208
Who you are
You are a good networker with a strong drive to foster partnerships and collaborations. You have ideally worked with SMEs before. You want to use your expertise to deliver a mission that you believe in. You are a proactive independent worker as well as an effective team player, with the ability to engage with businesses from a wide range of industries. You are detail oriented and able to think creatively to identify challenges and solutions for small businesss; and you are excited about helping them scale and amplify their impact. You are great at maintaining relationships with existing partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying new opportunities to expand the reach of the programme.
You will be the primary contact for new SMEs to the Advance London programme and will support the team by:
- managing a portfolio of businesses, understanding their growth and knowledge needs and identifying opportunities for addressing them.
- driving businesses to our different support streams, through delivering introductory workshops, attending and presenting at events and arranging introductory meetings with your own qualified leads or stakeholders (e.g. business support organisations, investors, corporates, academics).
- shouting about the achievements of the SMEs we are supporting as well as our own impact and activities, through communication channels such as our Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, our monthly newsletters and our website
- maintaining strong relationships to ensure the SMEs on the programme get value from our services.
- leveraging your business network to support industry specific events that raise the profile of SMEs, the Advance London programme and LWARB.
What we offer
When you join LWARB, you become part of an organisation that is involved in cutting-edge and innovative projects and programmes, addressing the climate emergency and shaping the way we live and do business in London.
We provide a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being.
London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability and actively encourage applications from BAME individuals who are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
We believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you to reach yours.
To apply for either position, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Monday 9 March 2020. Please use the title of the job you are applying for as the subject of your email. Please indicate in your submission where you saw these positions advertised.
If you would like more information on either role or the team, do not hesitate to contact Ms Natalia Agathou at email@example.com.
Note: In addition to the above positions, we are also recruiting for three advisor positions within our Circular London team (deadline 20th March). See here for details.