- Cllr Guy Senior
- + 4 Vacancies including the chair
The Audit Committee’s main roles are:
- To ensure the existence of financial systems, processes and procedures to maintain financial probity and control over the activities of the Board;
- To liaise with the external auditors over their annual programme and to approve the annual internal audit programme;
- To deal as appropriate with matters raised by the external auditors management letters and reports;
- To deal as appropriate with matters arising from the internal auditors’ reports;
- To review, approve and recommend for signature the annual report and accounts of the Board;
- To review the Board’s risk register and ensure that satisfactory actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks;
- To monitor administrative expenditure against budget.
The Audit Committee’s role is combined with that of a Finance Committee and a Remuneration and Staffing Committee.
This will include:
- Review the Chief Financial Officer’s reports on the financial performance of the Board;
- Reviewing routine financial and administrative matters on behalf of the Board;
- Overseeing the establishment and implementation of the Board’s Pay Policy;
- Approving any changes in the Board’s staff structure.