Governance and administration
LONDON WASTE AND RECYCLING BOARD
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2020
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 25, 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/404)
- Date of announcement: 19 August 2020
- Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Adam Leibowitz, Governance & Finance Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org (07732 681 852) Commencing Friday 21st August 2020 and ending on Monday 5th October 2020.
- Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team), 15 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London E14 4HD
- This announcement is made by Eddie Confoy, Head of Finance and Operations.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
Notice & Summary of Rights
Corporate governance framework
The operation of the Board and its committees is governed by its Standing Orders which incorporate the relevant sections of the GLA Act 1999 (as amended by the GLA Act 2007) and the London Waste and Recycling Board Order 2008.
The current committee structure of the Board (including committee terms of reference), the Scheme of Delegated Authority and the Board’s Risk Management Strategy are also attached below.
- Standing Orders (2019) – inc Apx
- SODA -Oct 19
- Board and Committee Structure Aug 2020
- Risk Management Strategy
- Statement of Accounts 2013-4
- Statement of Accounts 2014-5
- Statement of Accounts 2015-6
- Statement of Accounts 2016-7
- Statement of Accounts 2017-18
- Statement Of Accounts – 2018_19
Members of the Board are entitled to reclaim expenses incurred in carrying out their role as Board Members. A summary of expenses claimed is available on request.
Board and Committee Members are required to register any gifts or hospitality received over a value of £50 in relation to their work for the London Waste and Recycling Board. The current register is available on request. Please contact Adam Leibowitz Adam.email@example.com.
Register of members interests
Members of the Board are required to submit a declaration of interests. Full details of the requirement can be seen in appendix SO3 of the Standing Orders.
The Standing Orders and the individual declarations are available on request. Please contact Adam Leibowitz Adam.firstname.lastname@example.org.